3D drawing and design software
DraftSight is a feature-rich 2D and 3D CAD solution for architects, engineers and construction service providers, as well as professional CAD users, designers, educators and hobbyists.
More options, choices and tools to suit your specific needs and preferences. Real design freedom is letting you work the way you want to work. It’s the ability to effortlessly go from 2D drafting to 3D modeling and back again in order to optimize and maximize designs.
The DraftSight program offered by Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE has already been downloaded over 10 million times.
The following versions are available: DraftSight Enterprise, DraftSight Enterprise Plus.
Advantages of DraftSight Solutions:
- Create, edit, view and comment on any type of 2D and 3D DWG files.
- Flexible version options to suit your budget and business needs.
- Powerful features that reduce the time to create drawings, design and documentation.
- Significant savings compared to comparable CAD solutions.
- Integration with other Dassault Systèmes solutions, including 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace, GEOVIA, DELMIA, SOLIDWORKS, SOLIDWORKS PDM, 3D printing, production and other tasks.
- High DWG file compatibility for current and legacy projects.
- Fast development thanks to the familiar user interface and commands.
- Customization and automation using macros and APIs, as well as simple transfer of existing workflows from other applications.
- Easy deployment, network license management and access to comprehensive technical support to maximize productivity.
Basic 2D-design capabilities
- Creating basic elements: lines, arcs, circles, ellipses, tables, hatching and clouds.
- Perform operations of moving, copying, rotating, reflecting, creating arrays, scaling, cropping, creating chamfers or splitting.
- Measure and annotate distances between objects using size tools.
- Import, create and manage layers, blocks and external links, as well as output drawings to a plotter, printer or for export to a file. Advanced 2D plotting and customization APIs.
- Accelerate manufacturing processes through the use of APIs for automation and customization.
- Save design time by eliminating manual or time-consuming tasks using tools such as Drawing Comparison, AutoCrop, Centerline Insert, Outline Array, Curved Text, Batch Printing, etc.
- Convert raster images, such as floor plans and logos, into vector line features in seconds using the Image Tracer tool.
- Easily add standard hardware components from a library of bolts, screws, nuts, washers and pins, create holes and extensions, create specifications, add positions, and much more with the Toolbox.
- Import and export of various types and file formats, including PDF, DGN, SVG, XLS and DSHBM (HomeByMe). Reliable 3D design tools and powerful integration capabilities.
- Creation of any objects - from basic 3D-shapes to complex 3D-surfaces and 3D-bodies based on a sketch.
- Extend design workflows by integrating with SOLIDWORKS Visualize for rendering and SOLIDWORKS Simulation for analysis. 3DEXPERIENCE Marketplace Make for interacting with manufacturers around the world on 3D printing and other processes.
- Parametric control of drawing objects by specifying geometric and dimensional properties with 2D constraints.
- Support for multi-user and multi-site collaboration.
- Ensure concurrent use and compliance across the organization through network licensing.
- Comprehensive technical support to solve problems and eliminate downtime.
DraftSight Enterprise is suitable for organizations with a large number of users and/or geographically distributed sites that require professional software to manage critical CAD requirements.
DraftSight Enterprise includes DraftSight Professional productivity tools and the following features.
A network license enables collaboration and consistent compliance across the organization.
Technical support provides answers to questions and helps troubleshoot DraftSight related issues.