AWS CloudTrail: monitoring and logging. New demo!
News | 10.11.2023
New serie in Softprom Cloud Academy. AWS CloudTrail Services
Series: Monitoring and logging
Demo: “AWS CloudTrail: Event tracking and logging”, duration 11 minutes.
Features of AWS CloudTrail
CloudTrail provides governance, compliance and audit for your AWS Account
- CloudTrail is enabled by default!
- Get an history of events / API calls made within your AWS Account by:
- Can put logs from CloudTrail into CloudWatch Logs or S3
- CloudTrail Lake
- A trail can be applied to All Regions (default) or a single Region
- If a resource is deleted in AWS, investigate CloudTrail first!
Why activate AWS CloudTrail Insights
Enable CloudTrail Insights to detect unusual activity in your account:
- Inaccurate resource provisioning
- Hitting service limits
- Bursts of AWS IAM actions
- Gaps in periodic maintenance activity
CloudTrail Insights analyzes normal management events to create a baseline. And then continuously analyzes write events to detect unusual patterns
- Anomalies appear in the CloudTrail console
- Event is sent to Amazon S3
- An EventBridge event is generated (for automation needs)
Demo for learning AWS services
Free video library Softprom Cloud Академия. 12 series, about 60 demo-videos. Subscribe to Academy to be the first to receive the latest episodes.
Softprom — Advanced Consulting Partner in the network Amazon Web Services. Softprom has the status of MAP (Migration Acceleration Program) partner of AWS, implements infrastructure migration projects to the cloud for Enterprise level companies.