GigaVUE TA Series
Edge traffic aggregation nodes
The GigaVUE® TA Series edge nodes aggregate multiple low-utilization network links — optimizing, filtering, and feeding the combined traffic to GigaVUE H Series products, where additional traffic intelligence can be applied. GigaVUE TA Series helps optimize and secure data center infrastructure at the server edge.
Use cases for GigaVUE TA Series
- Aggregation of multiple SPAN/TAP traffic feeds into higher-speed uplinks
- Extending reach and density of the Visibility Platform across the data center
- Visibility into leaf/spine architectures for security and performance monitoring
- Top of rack deployment, consolidating traffic to GigaVUE H Series node at end of row
- Data center upgrades moving to Cisco BiDi infrastructures
Secure and optimize traffic at the network edge
Effective network visibility, network monitoring and network security begins with a properly constructed Visibility Platform at the edge. The edge typically includes traffic running over 1Gb or 10Gb links (but as high as 40Gb and 100Gb), often at very low utilizations (<5%). The GigaVUE TA Series edge nodes aggregate multiple low-utilization links, apply sophisticated Flow Mapping® and egress filters to optimize traffic flow, and forward traffic of interest to GigaVUE H Series products.Additional Flow Mapping® and traffic intelligence via GigaSMART® can then be applied to the aggregated traffic. GigaVUE-FM provides centralized management and control and programmable APIs for Software-Defined Visibility. Optional clustering allows full end-to-end traffic mapping and seamless integration with the GigaVUE H Series and GigaSMART. By tapping all the links and aggregating using the GigaVUE TA Series, data centers can secure and optimize their infrastructure at the server edge.