VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite
VMware vCenter Converter transforms your Windows- and Linux-based physical machines and third-party image formats to VMware virtual machines.
What vCenter Converter Does
Performance and Reliability
Quickly converts local and remote physical machines into virtual machines without any downtime. Simultaneous conversions enable large-scale virtualization implementations. Features:
- Multiple simultaneous conversions enable large-scale virtualization implementations.
- Quiescing and snapshotting of the guest operating system on the source machine before migrating the data ensures conversion reliability.
- Hot cloning makes conversions non-disruptive, with no source server downtime or reboot.
- Sector-based copying enhances cloning and conversion speed.
Centralized management console allows you to queue up and monitor many simultaneous conversions, both local and remote, such as in headquarters and branch offices. Features:
- Centralized management console allows users to queue up and monitor multiple simultaneous remote, as well as local, conversions.
- Easy-to-use wizards minimize the number of steps to conversion.
- Support for both local and remote cloning enables conversions in remote locations such as branch offices.
Offers broad support for source physical machines, VMware and Microsoft virtual machine formats, and certain third-party disk image formats. vCenter Converter supports many source physical machines, including Windows and Linux desktop and server editions. It also supports conversion of third-party virtual machines like Hyper-V and KVM.