Synology Introduces UC3200, Active-Active IP SAN for Mission-Critical Environments
News | 14.11.2019
November 14, 2019 – Synology Inc. today launched Unified Controller UC3200, the first dual controller server aiming for highly available iSCSI data services in enterprises' mission-critical environments, along with its expansion unit RXD1219sas.
A common challenge for enterprise IT administrators is to find a near-zero downtime iSCSI solution with a simple user interface and affordable total cost of ownership. The brand new Unified Controller UC3200 is designed to tackle these issues. UC3200 is an active-active IP SAN solution that can maximize service uptime, and its intuitive operating system also allows administrators to manage two controllers from one single portal, which facilitates management without a steep learning curve.
Powered by Intel® Xeon® 4-core, 2.4 GHz CPU and 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM per controller, UC3200 delivers over 140,000 4K random write IOPS in an aggregated 10GbE environment.*
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 ECC UDIMM, expandable up to 64GB.
- 10GbE built-in: 1 x 10GbE and 2 x 1GbE Ethernet ports supporting failover and Link Aggregation.
- PCIe expansion: 1 x PCIe 3.0 slot for additional network interface card's expansion.
- Scalability: 12 SAS drives bays by default, scalable up to 500TB with two RXD1219sas.**
- Modularized design: Key system components including SAS modules and system fans are replaceable to maximize system uptime.
With the exclusive hardware design, UC3200 helps businesses achieve near-zero service interruptions and further facilitate IT operations.
- Non-Transparent Bridge (NTB): Allow one controller to seamlessly take over the service when the other breaks down.
- Self-encrypting drive (SED): Support data encryption to secure critical data at the hardware level.
- Built-in SATA-DOM: Isolate the operating system from critical data.
- Resilient cache protection: Sync the cached data between the two controllers to avoid data loss in case of a controller failure before data is written to hard drives.
- 5-year warranty: Robust, reliable data management experience with a 5-year warranty.
Designed for virtualization environments
UC3200 provides seamless, verified iSCSI virtualization integration with mainstream hypervisors.
- iSCSI standard ALUA compliance: Allow hosts to identify the optimized paths to increase transfer performance and efficiency.
- Application-aware snapshot: Provide a virtual disaster recovery plan for your virtualized workloads.
- Virtualization-ready: Certified for VMware vSphere® 6.5, Microsoft Hyper-V®, Citrix XenServer®, and OpenStack® Cinder.
RXD1219sas, capacity expansion for your UC3200
RXD1219sas is a 2U expansion unit and an ideal storage space upgrade solution for UC3200. You can add up to 12 additional 2.5"/3.5" SAS drive bays on the fly by connecting UC3200 and RXD1219sas directly with two mini-SAS HD cables, and replace critical system components including SAS modules and system fans to ensure maximum system uptime.
- Scalability: Plug-and-play design for seamless storage space upgrade.
- Performance: Mini-SAS HD connectivity enabling high-performance data transmission.
- Reliability: Redundant power supplies to maximize service uptime.
* Performance figures may vary depending on environment, usage, and configuration. ** UC3200 can scale up to 36 drives with 2 x RXD1219sas, sold separately.