Synology Releases Active Backup for Business 2.1 to Protect Microsoft Hyper-V
News | 04.11.2019
Taipei, Taiwan – November 4, 2019 – Synology Inc. released an update to Active Backup for Business, an integrated backup solution that protects your business workloads, with new support for Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine backup.
Users with compatible Synology NAS can now back up unlimited Windows PCs, physical servers, file servers, and virtual machines running on VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Key features include:
- Hyper-V support: Back up virtual machines running on Microsoft Hyper-V 2016 and 2019 without installing any backup agents.
- Windows Server 2019 support: Active Backup for Business now extends data protection of physical server to the latest Windows Server version.
- Event-triggered backup task for Windows PC: Backup tasks can be triggered by specific events such as computer screen locks, bootups, or logouts, ensuring data protection in any work scenarios.
- Flexible backup schedule: Supports backup window configuration to let you specify available time slots to perform scheduled backups during off-peak hours.
- Simplified mass deployment for Windows PC: Leveraging the integration with Microsoft AD and self-defined parameters, the administrator can deploy PC agent installations and auto-logins to users in the background, making mass deployment easier for enterprises.
- Manual volume restore: Select and restore a backup volume to any disk in PCs or physical servers when performing bare-metal recovery.